The iPhone X made its debut in late 2017, followed a year later by the iPhone XS. If you bought either model at launch, I’ll wager your battery has lost some capacity by now. That happens over time, and in fact it’s one of the leading reasons people buy new phones.
However, if you like your X well enough and want to squeeze more use out of it, consider a battery case. It’ll add bulk and weight, but also free you from having to seek out an outlet during the day or schlep around a power bank. And here’s a pretty sweet deal: For a limited time, and while supplies last, Aphion-US via Amazon has the. That’s after applying promo code 67CSQTEB at checkout.
The case houses a 5,000-mAh battery, which should effectively double the power that’s available to your iPhone. Interestingly, it not only recharges the phone via Qi wireless, but also recharges itself that way. However, you can also use the included USB-C cable to recharge the case.
Another perk: The case doesn’t block your phone’s Lightning port, great if you have wired headphones that use it.
As noted, however, your iPhone is about to get fatter: The case measures 5.8 inches long by 3 inches wide by 0.76 inch thick. It weighs 5.3 ounces, just shy of what the iPhone X itself weighs. But any battery case is going to have a similar impact on portability; it’s the trade-off for an always-available battery extender.
At least you’re not paying $20-$40 or more for the privilege.
CNET’s Cheapskate scours the web for great deals on tech products and much more. For the latest deals and updates, follow the Cheapskate on Facebook and Twitter. Find more great buys on the CNET Deals page and check out our CNET Coupons page for the latest promo codes from Best Buy, Walmart, Amazon and more. Questions about the Cheapskate blog? Find the answers on our .
- Pandemic thriller Utopia on Amazon might be the perfect viewing
- 2021 Jaguar F-Pace refreshed with new styling, luxury and tech
- 2020 Halloween full moon: This year’s spooky spectacle brings a rare twist
- The best minimalist wallet for 2020
- NASA chief calls for prioritizing Venus after surprise find hints at alien life
- YouTube is adding a new Shorts feature to rival TikTok and Instagram Reels
- Paul Rudd, world’s youngest 51-year-old, tells fellow kids to mask up
- Jonathan Majors to join MCU as villain Kang the Conquerer, report says
- TikTok ban won’t prevent employees from being paid, US says in filing