After the commercial success of the original iPhone SE, Apple is expected to start accepting orders for its much-awaited successor as early as Friday, according to 9to5Mac citing a “highly-trusted” reader. The report comes amid online rumours speculating the entry-level phone will be announced on Friday, after the purported phone was spotted on Apple’s website alongside its name — the iPhone SE. It all but dispels earlier rumours suggesting the new budget-friendly phone will be called either the iPhone SE 2020 or the iPhone 9.
Based on new information 9to5Mac has learned, the 2020 iPhone SE will come in three storage variants, 64GB, 128GB, and 256GB. It’ll also come in white, black and red color options, along with five different official cases including black silicone, white silicone and red leather.
Previously reported iPhone SE rumours
suggest that the new iPhone SE is expected to be designed after the iPhone 8 right down to its 4.7-inch screen size, thick bezels and physical home button. But it will feature upgraded internals including Apple’s newest chipset, the A13 processor, which is the same one found in the iPhone 11 series. It’s also reported to cost $399 ( £399 or AU$699). If the rumors are true, this would signal Apple’s renewed commitment to low-cost phones as global smartphone sales continue to decline and as evidence mounts that the global economy is headed for a recession.
Announced in 2016, the original iPhone SE launched at $399. It was a 4-inch model featuring the body of the iPhone 5S paired with the camera and processor of the iPhone 6S (Apple’s flagship at the time), before it was discontinued.
Apple could not immediately be reached for comment.
- Colleges That Require Coronavirus Screening Tech Struggle to Say Whether It Works – The New York Times
- Colleges That Require Virus-Screening Tech Struggle to Say Whether It Works – The New York Times
- Gender Equality in Tech (GET) Cities Expands to DC to Diversify the Tech Ecosystem – Yahoo Finance
- Turkey Widens War Tech Hunt by Tapping Pakistan’s China Ties – Bloomberg
- Tech recruiting lessons in the Covid-19 era – Information Age
- Virtual tech event highlights local STEM professionals during WHAT I CAN BE! Tech Career Showcase – Herald-Mail Media
- Accenture’s Tech Push Makes It World’s Most Acquisitive Company – Bloomberg
- Tech Hosts Duke for Senior Night – Men’s Basketball — Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets – Georgia Tech Official Athletic Site
- No. 22/19 Tech set for final home game, takes on Cards – VT hokiesports.com