Mike Krieger, co-founder of social media platform Instagram, is working to help keep funds flowing to restaurants impacted by the SaveOurFaves sells gift certificates to a directory of Bay Area restaurants and coffee shops. Visitors can search for restaurants by name or neighborhood location.. His new site
“Our small businesses need us more than ever. Even though we can’t leave home, we can still support local restaurants by buying gift cards,” Krieger said on the site. “It’s basically a mini-loan, so buy one now and make a plan to use it later.”
SaveOurFaves is adding more food and beverages spots and adding more categories to the directory as well.
The novel coronavirus has rapidly spread around the world and was declared a pandemic last week by the World Health Organization. If you want more information on what the coronavirus is, what the symptoms are and how you can protect yourself, head over to CNET’s FAQ.
For more ways to help during the health crisis check out CNET’s.
- Colleges That Require Coronavirus Screening Tech Struggle to Say Whether It Works – The New York Times
- Colleges That Require Virus-Screening Tech Struggle to Say Whether It Works – The New York Times
- Gender Equality in Tech (GET) Cities Expands to DC to Diversify the Tech Ecosystem – Yahoo Finance
- Turkey Widens War Tech Hunt by Tapping Pakistan’s China Ties – Bloomberg
- Tech recruiting lessons in the Covid-19 era – Information Age
- Virtual tech event highlights local STEM professionals during WHAT I CAN BE! Tech Career Showcase – Herald-Mail Media
- Accenture’s Tech Push Makes It World’s Most Acquisitive Company – Bloomberg
- Tech Hosts Duke for Senior Night – Men’s Basketball — Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets – Georgia Tech Official Athletic Site
- No. 22/19 Tech set for final home game, takes on Cards – VT hokiesports.com