Video streaming service Hulu is back up after its Friday outage, after the Disney-owned platform displayed error messages when users tried to play videos. “We’re having trouble playing this,” the message said. “Rest assured, we’re working on it.” Others got hit with a “load playlist health check failed” message.
Complaints spiked around 2 p.m. PT, with more than 3,800 reports on Down Detector over a two-hour period.
Hulu Support tweeted its developers “were able to put changes in place to mitigate the interruption” at 3:50 p.m. PT. “Please reboot your device to start streaming, and let us know if you run into any further trouble.”
The outage came at a time when many people are being forced to work from home and schools have closed amid the coronavirus spread. Users took to Twitter to complain, with one telling Hulu, “You can’t be down while we’re all self-quarantining.”
- Colleges That Require Coronavirus Screening Tech Struggle to Say Whether It Works – The New York Times
- Colleges That Require Virus-Screening Tech Struggle to Say Whether It Works – The New York Times
- Gender Equality in Tech (GET) Cities Expands to DC to Diversify the Tech Ecosystem – Yahoo Finance
- Turkey Widens War Tech Hunt by Tapping Pakistan’s China Ties – Bloomberg
- Tech recruiting lessons in the Covid-19 era – Information Age
- Virtual tech event highlights local STEM professionals during WHAT I CAN BE! Tech Career Showcase – Herald-Mail Media
- Accenture’s Tech Push Makes It World’s Most Acquisitive Company – Bloomberg
- Tech Hosts Duke for Senior Night – Men’s Basketball — Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets – Georgia Tech Official Athletic Site
- No. 22/19 Tech set for final home game, takes on Cards – VT hokiesports.com