With no March Madness, can I interest you in a bit of April Absurdity? With theand the , hoop fans can fill the roundball void with a virtual NBA 2K20 tournament. And not just any NBA 2K tournament you might find on Twitch. For one thing, 16 current NBA players are playing in it. For another, it’ll be broadcast on ESPN and ESPN 2.
Read more: Phoenix Suns continue season on NBA 2K20
The tournament gets underway on Friday, April 3 and a champion will be crowned on Saturday, April 11.
NBA 2K Players Tournament matchups
Sixteen current NBA players are expected to play and are seeded based on their NBA 2K20 rankings. (Ties in rankings were broken by longest NBA tenure.)
Here are the seedings and first-round matchups for the NBA 2K Players Tournament:
In addition to bragging rights, the winner of the tournament will receive $100,000 from the NBA, NBA2K and the National Basketball Players Association to give to a charity of his choice to supportrelief efforts.
NBA 2K Players Tournament schedule
The first game will pit Miami Heat’s Derrick Jones Jr. versus top-seeded Kevin Durant of the Brooklyn Nets. They will play from 7:30 p.m. ET (4:30 p.m. PT) on ESPN.
Each player will have a pool of eight teams from which to choose, but they can use each team only once. Jones Jr. selected the Boston Celtics, Brooklyn Nets, Dallas Mavericks, Los Angeles Clippers, Los Angeles Lakers, Miami Heat, Milwaukee Bucks and Philadelphia 76ers. Durant picked the Brooklyn Nets, Chicago Bulls, Dallas Mavericks, Golden State Warriors, Houston Rockets, LA Clippers, Oklahoma City Thunder and Utah Jazz. No word yet on which team each player will use for the first round.
The order of the other matches has yet to be announced but here’s the broadcast schedule:
Friday, April 3
- Preview show: 7-7:30 p.m. ET (4-4:30 p.m. PT) on ESPN
- Jones Jr. vs. Durant: 7:30-8:30 p.m. ET (4:30-5:30 p.m. PT) on ESPN
- Other first-round games: 8:30-11:30 p.m. ET ( 5:30-8:30 p.m. PT) on ESPN2
Sunday, April 5
- More first-round games: 12-4 p.m. ET (9 a.m.-1 p.m. PT) on ESPN2
Tuesday, April 7
- Quarterfinals: 7-11 p.m. ET (4-8 p.m. PT) on ESPN2
Saturday, April 11
- Semifinals and finals: Time TBA on ESPN
How to watch the NBA 2K Players Tournament
As well as ESPN and ESPN2, you can watch the tournament on the ESPN App, NBA.com and the NBA App. Plus, you can stream the games on the @NBA and @NBA2K YouTube, Twitch, Twitter and Facebook pages.
You don’t need cable or satellite TV to watch the tournament on ESPN and ESPN2. Both channels are offered on four of the five major live TV streaming services.
Sling TV’s $30-a-month Orange package includes ESPN and ESPN2. Sling TV’s plans are currently discounted by $10 for the first month.
- Colleges That Require Coronavirus Screening Tech Struggle to Say Whether It Works – The New York Times
- Colleges That Require Virus-Screening Tech Struggle to Say Whether It Works – The New York Times
- Gender Equality in Tech (GET) Cities Expands to DC to Diversify the Tech Ecosystem – Yahoo Finance
- Turkey Widens War Tech Hunt by Tapping Pakistan’s China Ties – Bloomberg
- Tech recruiting lessons in the Covid-19 era – Information Age
- Virtual tech event highlights local STEM professionals during WHAT I CAN BE! Tech Career Showcase – Herald-Mail Media
- Accenture’s Tech Push Makes It World’s Most Acquisitive Company – Bloomberg
- Tech Hosts Duke for Senior Night – Men’s Basketball — Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets – Georgia Tech Official Athletic Site
- No. 22/19 Tech set for final home game, takes on Cards – VT hokiesports.com