I’ve dipped a few toes into the podcasting world, and I can tell you two of the biggest pain points: Finding web hosting for the show and distributing it to various platforms (Apple Podcasts, TuneIn and so on). The former gets expensive; the latter is a time-consuming hassle. Suffice it to say, once I spotted this deal, I waited approximately zero seconds before jumping on it.
Ending in just two days, AppSumo is offering a. Regular price: $490. That’s good for hosting and publishing one show. You can stack this deal and get three shows for $158 or five for $237.
Although I haven’t done a super-deep dive into the service yet, I’ve already imported two previous podcasts (Battlestar Recaptica and Protocol 1: A Travelers Podcast, if you’re curious) — a process that was super easy. Indeed, everything about the Podcast.co dashboard is admirably simplistic.
What I especially like about the service is the way it can automatically distribute your podcast to eight different platforms, a huge time-saver. Those include the aforementioned as well as Breaker, Google Podcasts, Spotify and Stitcher.
If you go for the one-podcast plan, you get support for up to five users, a 500GB monthly download allowance, unlimited episodes and listeners and your own customized podcast page — in other words, really everything you need. The multipodcast plans are largely the same but allow even more people to use the service.
Best of all, AppSumo offers a 60-day money-back guarantee, meaning if Podcast.co doesn’t meet your needs for some reason, you can get a full refund. That’s why I didn’t hesitate to pull the trigger.
So whether you have an existing podcast and want a cheaper place to host it or you’re planning to launch something new, this is something I urge you to check out.
CNET’s Cheapskate scours the web for great deals on tech products and much more. For the latest deals and updates, follow the Cheapskate on Facebook and Twitter. Find more great buys on the CNET Deals page and check out our CNET Coupons page for the latest promo codes from Best Buy, Walmart, Amazon and more. Questions about the Cheapskate blog? Find the answers on our .
- Colleges That Require Coronavirus Screening Tech Struggle to Say Whether It Works – The New York Times
- Colleges That Require Virus-Screening Tech Struggle to Say Whether It Works – The New York Times
- Gender Equality in Tech (GET) Cities Expands to DC to Diversify the Tech Ecosystem – Yahoo Finance
- Turkey Widens War Tech Hunt by Tapping Pakistan’s China Ties – Bloomberg
- Tech recruiting lessons in the Covid-19 era – Information Age
- Virtual tech event highlights local STEM professionals during WHAT I CAN BE! Tech Career Showcase – Herald-Mail Media
- Accenture’s Tech Push Makes It World’s Most Acquisitive Company – Bloomberg
- Tech Hosts Duke for Senior Night – Men’s Basketball — Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets – Georgia Tech Official Athletic Site
- No. 22/19 Tech set for final home game, takes on Cards – VT hokiesports.com