Hertz officiallyin late May citing the coronavirus pandemic and slashed demand for rental cars as more Americans stay home and avoid travel. Now, the rental car company continues to , and for those looking to save, there are some mighty good deals afoot.
iSeeCars pored over 20,000 used cars Hertz currently has listed for sale to identify which models propose the greatest savings. Some are rather obvious, while others are a tad obscure. These aren’t super old cars either since rental car companies work to keep their fleets updated for customers. Each car listed hails from the 2017 to 2019 model year.
It’s great news for those in the market for abecause that’s the single best deal from Hertz right now. The study showed the company is selling the luxury sedan nearly 14% below the average market value for an average savings of $6,877. Right behind it is the , which is $1,714 cheaper than the average model listed.
Hertz bankruptcy creates used car steals for these models
A couple of other luxury cars make the list in the third and fourth spots. The Toyota’s full-size pickup truck, the , rounds out the top five with an average of $4,714 in savings, or 12.6% below the pickup’s average market value.and round out third and fourth place with savings on average of $4,252 and $4,145, respectively.
The final five include a number of more pedestrian vehicles. Theon average is $1,375 cheaper than the market average. is $2,241 less expensive and the comes in nearly $1,500 cheaper than the market typically calls for. Rounding out the top 10 are the ($2,023 cheaper on average) and the minivan. Remember it? The very Japanese-looking family hauler is $1,810 cheaper than the market average.
On average, used car buyers will find a vehicle is 8% cheaper than its average value, likely thanks to Hertz’ firesale mode. It’s a good chance to save pocket a savings of $1,389 on average, according to the study, and the savings extend to other models like the, , and more.
- Pandemic thriller Utopia on Amazon might be the perfect viewing
- 2021 Jaguar F-Pace refreshed with new styling, luxury and tech
- 2020 Halloween full moon: This year’s spooky spectacle brings a rare twist
- The best minimalist wallet for 2020
- NASA chief calls for prioritizing Venus after surprise find hints at alien life
- YouTube is adding a new Shorts feature to rival TikTok and Instagram Reels
- Paul Rudd, world’s youngest 51-year-old, tells fellow kids to mask up
- Jonathan Majors to join MCU as villain Kang the Conquerer, report says
- TikTok ban won’t prevent employees from being paid, US says in filing