On Thursday, Google shared how it uses artificial intelligence for its to predict what traffic will look like throughout the day and the best routes its users should take. The tech giant said it analyzes historical traffic patterns for roads over time and combines the database of with live traffic conditions to generate predictions.
To improve accuracy, the company recently partnered with DeepMind, an Alphabet AI research lab. They’ve already seen accurate prediction rates for over 97% of trips, Google said. If it’s predicted that traffic will likely become heavy in one direction, the app will automatically find you a lower-traffic alternative.
With many peopleand going out less often due to the , Google said it’s updated its model to prioritize traffic patterns from the last two-to-four weeks and deprioritize patterns from any time before that.
Google also recently announced a new Maps app feature that lets you. And in May, the company announced its Android users could start .
- Pandemic thriller Utopia on Amazon might be the perfect viewing
- 2021 Jaguar F-Pace refreshed with new styling, luxury and tech
- 2020 Halloween full moon: This year’s spooky spectacle brings a rare twist
- The best minimalist wallet for 2020
- NASA chief calls for prioritizing Venus after surprise find hints at alien life
- YouTube is adding a new Shorts feature to rival TikTok and Instagram Reels
- Paul Rudd, world’s youngest 51-year-old, tells fellow kids to mask up
- Jonathan Majors to join MCU as villain Kang the Conquerer, report says
- TikTok ban won’t prevent employees from being paid, US says in filing