New streaming service HBO Max has ordered the first three series from studio Bad Robot. As reported earlier Thursday by Variety, they include a show set in the Justice League Dark universe; Overlook, a thriller based on Stephen King’s The Shining and set in the Overlook Hotel; and a 1970s crime show called Duster.
WarnerMedia announced a deal in September 2019 forthrough 2024. Bad Robot co-CEOs J.J. Abrams and his wife, Katie McGrath, will develop dramas, comedies and long-form and event series for all WarnerMedia’s platforms including HBO Max and its broadcast and cable networks. They’ll also work on original films for Warner Bros. Pictures and New Line Cinema.
“What could be better than an original J.J. idea and then Warner Bros. letting them loose on iconic IP from Stephen King and the DC Universe and to provide more must-have programming on HBO Max,” Kevin Reilly, HBO Max chief content officer, said.
Bad Robot has previously produced Westworld, Lost, Fringe, Person of Interest, Alias and Castle Rock.
- Colleges That Require Coronavirus Screening Tech Struggle to Say Whether It Works – The New York Times
- Colleges That Require Virus-Screening Tech Struggle to Say Whether It Works – The New York Times
- Gender Equality in Tech (GET) Cities Expands to DC to Diversify the Tech Ecosystem – Yahoo Finance
- Turkey Widens War Tech Hunt by Tapping Pakistan’s China Ties – Bloomberg
- Tech recruiting lessons in the Covid-19 era – Information Age
- Virtual tech event highlights local STEM professionals during WHAT I CAN BE! Tech Career Showcase – Herald-Mail Media
- Accenture’s Tech Push Makes It World’s Most Acquisitive Company – Bloomberg
- Tech Hosts Duke for Senior Night – Men’s Basketball — Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets – Georgia Tech Official Athletic Site
- No. 22/19 Tech set for final home game, takes on Cards – VT hokiesports.com