Houston oilfield service company Halliburton has gone 3D with new technology that improves how geologists analyze a formation’s properties during the drilling process.
The company’s new 3D reservoir mapping technology is being touted as a “logging-while-drilling” tool that creates detailed representations of underground structures and formations.
Using an advanced reservoir mapping process, the tool reveals often-overlooked features such as faults, water zones or structural variations that can alter the underground path of a well.
Halliburton at 100: From wagons and mules to 21st century technology
Lamar Duhon, vice president of the Halliburton subsidiary Sperry Drilling, said in a statement that the 3D technology maximizes a well’s contact with oil and natural gas reserves while mapping the surrounding formation for future development.
“This unique technology moves beyond layered reservoir models to full 3D characterization of the reservoir, enabling accurate well placement,” Duhon said. “In complex formations, visualizing data in a 3D environment helps operators significantly enhance reservoir understanding to drive better drilling decisions and maximize asset value.”
Founded in 1919 and headquartered in Houston, Halliburton has more more than 60,000 employees in 80 nations.
The company posted a $1.66 billion profit on $24 billion of revenue in 2018.
- [LLODO] Michigan state Dem pepper-sprayed, charged with DUI, resisting arrest, weapons possession: report
- [LLODO] Head of NYC’s posh Dalton School leaving at the end of 2021
- [LLODO] Chilling video captures moment a love triangle erupts in murder, revenge in NYC
- [LLODO] NYPD officers hit with Molotov cocktail and liquid chemical in face, police say
- [LLODO] California group files federal civil rights complaint over San Diego school district’s ‘racist’ teachings
- [LLODO] Podcast helped in hunt for 1996 killer of California student
- [LLODO] National weather forecast: Parts of Northeast could see more than a foot of snow
- [LLODO] Cuomo boasts he ‘invented’ NYS-scented hand sanitizer, faces no questions over scandals
- [LLODO] Teacher who decried NYC school’s ‘indoctrination’ put on remote work: ‘Feels like punishment’