Google’s bid to enter the fitness tracker market with its acquisition of Fitbit is reportedly set to hit a major roadblock next week. The EU’s Competition Commission is readying itself to open a full-scale investigation into the purchase, Reuters reported on Thursday, citing people familiar with the matter.
Google announced its, and has been actively trying to avoid such an investigation by the EU. In a bid to secure approval, the company promised last month it gleaned from Fitbit for ad targeting.
- In remote work world, some tech CEOs are leaving Bay Area – The Real Deal
- Aluma’s career-high 23 points propels Tech to victory over No. 3/3 Villanova – VT hokiesports.com
- For Big Tech, Biden brings a new era but no ease in scrutiny – Fox Business
- Biden’s top tech adviser makes regulation more likely – VentureBeat
- 10 things in tech you need to know today – Business Insider – Business Insider
- Duke at Georgia Tech Kick Time Set – Duke University – GoDuke.com
- The baby (tech) boom has arrived – harpersbazaar.com
- This month’s spotlight highlights Cosmetology, Construction Tech | News, Sports, Jobs – The Review
- Black Friday: Never break these 6 rules when buying tech gifts – CNET