As thepandemic continues to ravage populations around the world, the prevailing medical thought is that everyone can help slow the spread of the disease by washing your hands frequently, social distancing when out in public and, most of all, by sheltering in place.
With the novel coronavirus — from Spain to India to the UK.reported worldwide, governments around the globe have ordered residents to at home, closed nonessential businesses and restricted what individuals can do. Across the world, hundreds of millions residents are mandated to stay at home in a global effort to check the spread of
While Google knows that only leaving the house for essential activities, such as going to doctor’s appointments and the grocery store, may seem a bit restrictive, it also knows the value of sheltering in place at this challenging time. But there are also some pluses to staying home.
Google published a Doodle on Friday to highlight some of the beneficial activities one can engage in without leaving your shelter. The message of the Doodle: “Stay Home. Save Lives. Help Stop Coronavirus.”
The letters in Google’s Doodle, all safely confined in their homes, shows the Big G relaxing with a book, while others sing and exercise. And don’t think that all human interaction is necessarily discarded as two of the Doodle’s letters make the love connection over the phone.
The Doodle also links to useful information about the disease and its symptoms, social safety practices and latest developments.
For almost as long as Google has been around, it’s livened up its barebones search page with artwork that draws attention to notable people, events, holidays and anniversaries. Google often turns its spotlight on heroes of the medical community, including coronavirus, which causes , Google last month honored hand-washing pioneer ., who developed a quick method for evaluating the health of newborns, as well as , a heart surgeon who pioneered coronary artery bypass surgery. With much recent attention on the novel
Don’t let Google’s message go unheeded — the stakes are too high. Stay at home as much as possible. Pull out a musical instrument, board game or fire up your favorite streaming service.
Do it for the people most important in your life so they stay in your life and you stay in theirs.
- Colleges That Require Coronavirus Screening Tech Struggle to Say Whether It Works – The New York Times
- Colleges That Require Virus-Screening Tech Struggle to Say Whether It Works – The New York Times
- Gender Equality in Tech (GET) Cities Expands to DC to Diversify the Tech Ecosystem – Yahoo Finance
- Turkey Widens War Tech Hunt by Tapping Pakistan’s China Ties – Bloomberg
- Tech recruiting lessons in the Covid-19 era – Information Age
- Virtual tech event highlights local STEM professionals during WHAT I CAN BE! Tech Career Showcase – Herald-Mail Media
- Accenture’s Tech Push Makes It World’s Most Acquisitive Company – Bloomberg
- Tech Hosts Duke for Senior Night – Men’s Basketball — Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets – Georgia Tech Official Athletic Site
- No. 22/19 Tech set for final home game, takes on Cards – VT hokiesports.com