Shoploop lets you scroll through 90-second video clips with the aim of discovering new products in an entertaining way, Google said. You can also follow Shoploop creators and share their videos with friends and family.
Once you find a product, Shoploop gives you the option to either save or purchase it from the merchant’s website. Google said Shoploop is currently focusing on beauty-centered products like makeup, skin care, hair and nails.
The app was inspired by shoppers jumping between social media and e-commerce sites when looking into new products to buy, Lax Poojary, general manager of Shoploop, said in a blog post.
Google is the latest of many tech media giants to introduce video shopping features. Facebook and Instagram added online shops to their social media platforms earlier this year. Amazon uses its livestream platform, Amazon Live, on its retail site. YouTube, which is owned by Google, also added shoppable advertisements to its videos last month.
- Pandemic thriller Utopia on Amazon might be the perfect viewing
- 2021 Jaguar F-Pace refreshed with new styling, luxury and tech
- 2020 Halloween full moon: This year’s spooky spectacle brings a rare twist
- The best minimalist wallet for 2020
- NASA chief calls for prioritizing Venus after surprise find hints at alien life
- YouTube is adding a new Shorts feature to rival TikTok and Instagram Reels
- Paul Rudd, world’s youngest 51-year-old, tells fellow kids to mask up
- Jonathan Majors to join MCU as villain Kang the Conquerer, report says
- TikTok ban won’t prevent employees from being paid, US says in filing