We replace our tires as the tread wears over time. That’s the way things go. At Goodyear, maybe that’s not the way it’ll go in the future.
The Goodyear reCharge concept debuted Tuesday, and this crazy futuristic tire envisions a radical new way to “replace” your rubber. Rather than swapping the physical tire for a new one, the tire manufacture is pondering something else — what if you simply regenerate new tread?
In this respect, the reCharge tire takes capsules that a vehicle owner would administer when tread life wears down. The biodegradable compound restores itself with a liquid compound capsule, but that’s not all. Goodyear’s concept tire is also customizable.
The liquid compound in this concept is totally customizable and works with artificial intelligence to create a compound unique to each driver. Further, it consistently adjusts itself based on road conditions and the weather. Separate tires for winter and summer? Not with the reCharge tire — the compound can morph for safe travels. Imagine feeding a performance capsule to the tire ahead of a track day for better performance. Now that’s something wild to think about.
Since this is a far-out concept idea, the tire looks properly futuristic. It boasts a tall and narrow shape with a lightweight frame. Goodyear said this design would eliminate the need to check tire pressures and also leave flat tires in the past.
The reCharge concept tire was scheduled to be revealed at the Geneva Motor Show this week, but the before it commenced because of the .
Goodyear is giving zero indication of whether any of this technology is near production ready, but it’s always amazing to see where engineers’ heads are. It seems inevitable the, even if they simply go .
- Pandemic thriller Utopia on Amazon might be the perfect viewing
- 2021 Jaguar F-Pace refreshed with new styling, luxury and tech
- 2020 Halloween full moon: This year’s spooky spectacle brings a rare twist
- The best minimalist wallet for 2020
- NASA chief calls for prioritizing Venus after surprise find hints at alien life
- YouTube is adding a new Shorts feature to rival TikTok and Instagram Reels
- Paul Rudd, world’s youngest 51-year-old, tells fellow kids to mask up
- Jonathan Majors to join MCU as villain Kang the Conquerer, report says
- TikTok ban won’t prevent employees from being paid, US says in filing