ROANOKE, Va. (WDBJ) – Interested in technology or getting an IT certification? If so, you may want to attend an IT training information session at Goodwill Industries of the Valleys.
The sessions give you a glimpse into Goodwill’s 12-week technology training program happening in July and can help you decide if a technology program is right for you.
The July program is for ages 17 and older, helping you gain the skills and credentials needed to have a career in the technology industry.
“We’re offering the training that can meet that business demand and yield those middle skill wages for people, so they’re not just getting into a minimum wage position,” Mary Ann Gilmer, Vice President of Mission Services for Goodwill Industries of the Valleys, said.
The program seeks to help people who are unemployed or are having trouble making ends meet with their current job.
The information sessions for this program are held at the Roanoke Jobs Campus (2502 Melrose Avenue) on:
-June 11th from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
-June 12th from 2 p.m. to 3 p.m.
-June 17th from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m.
-June 18th fro 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. and 5 p.m. to 6 p.m.
You can find more information here: https://www.goodwillvalleys.com/work-and-training-services/adult-services/technologytraining/.
- Best baby food delivery subscription services to use for 2020
- The best smart lock for 2020: August, Schlage and more
- Verizon extends discounted internet plans through 2020
- PlayStation shares a first look at Spider-Man PS5 game
- Subaru Crosstrek gets a bigger engine and a tiny price bump for 2021
- Odd pink snow in the Alps is pretty, but it might be a red flag
- The NBA is coming back: Dates, locations, who’s sitting out and how to watch basketball’s 2020 return
- Fortnite Season 3 challenges and where to find Floating Rings at Pleasant Park
- Musk claims Tesla will have ‘basic functionality’ for Level 5 autonomy this year