General Motors and Honda are partnering to create two new electric vehicles, the automakers announced Thursday. This pair of EVs will be sold under the Honda brand in the United States and Canada, and are expected to go on sale for the 2024 model year.
The new EVs will ride on, powered by the company’s Ultium batteries. However, the exterior and interior designs will be led by Honda, and the “platform will be engineered to support Honda’s driving character,” the companies said in a statement.
Additionally, the Honda EVs will benefit from GM’s, integrated into the Japanese automaker’s HondaLink suite. What’s really cool, though, is that “Honda plans to make GM’s hands-free advanced driver-assist technology available,” the companies said. That’s right, will be offered on these Hondas.
Honda has dabbled with fully electric vehicles, most recently offering the Fit EV and in the US. The automaker also sells the cute-as-a-button abroad, but has largely spent its electrification efforts on hybrid vehicles, like .
General Motors, meanwhile, has massive plans to ramp up its EV production. In early March, the Detroit-based automaker confirmed plans tofor its Cadillac, Buick, Chevrolet and GMC brands.
Overall, this seems like a really solid partnership. GM’s EV bones are great, but Honda’s does a far better job with both exterior and interior design, not to mention driving dynamics. We’re excited to see what hits the road in a couple of years.
- Colleges That Require Coronavirus Screening Tech Struggle to Say Whether It Works – The New York Times
- Colleges That Require Virus-Screening Tech Struggle to Say Whether It Works – The New York Times
- Gender Equality in Tech (GET) Cities Expands to DC to Diversify the Tech Ecosystem – Yahoo Finance
- Turkey Widens War Tech Hunt by Tapping Pakistan’s China Ties – Bloomberg
- Tech recruiting lessons in the Covid-19 era – Information Age
- Virtual tech event highlights local STEM professionals during WHAT I CAN BE! Tech Career Showcase – Herald-Mail Media
- Accenture’s Tech Push Makes It World’s Most Acquisitive Company – Bloomberg
- Tech Hosts Duke for Senior Night – Men’s Basketball — Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets – Georgia Tech Official Athletic Site
- No. 22/19 Tech set for final home game, takes on Cards – VT hokiesports.com