Josh Gad’s latest Zoom reunion, part of his Reunited Apart series, has turned our nostalgic eye to 1984’s Ghostbusters. Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd, Ernie Hudson, Sigourney Weaver, Annie Potts and director Ivan Reitman all answered the call to take a look back at their favorite scenes and discuss making the classic.
William Atherton and Michael Ensign, who had smaller parts in the movie, also joined the party, along with Ghostbusters super-fan (and) Kumail Nanjiani, who quizzed the cast on some of the film’s best quotes. You’ll also find a sweet cameo from Ray Parker Jr., who wrote and performed the iconic theme song, and talk of the late Harold Ramis, who co-scripted the movie with Aykroyd as well as playing Egon.
Ghostbusters content is still coming, of course, with Jason Reitman (Ivan’s son and director of modern classics like Juno) working on direct sequel, whose coronavirus-delayed release date is March 5, 2021.
For more nostalgia — Splash have all featured in the Reunited Apart series., and Tom Hanks’
New movie calendar for 2020 and 2021 following coronavirus delays
- Pandemic thriller Utopia on Amazon might be the perfect viewing
- 2021 Jaguar F-Pace refreshed with new styling, luxury and tech
- 2020 Halloween full moon: This year’s spooky spectacle brings a rare twist
- The best minimalist wallet for 2020
- NASA chief calls for prioritizing Venus after surprise find hints at alien life
- YouTube is adding a new Shorts feature to rival TikTok and Instagram Reels
- Paul Rudd, world’s youngest 51-year-old, tells fellow kids to mask up
- Jonathan Majors to join MCU as villain Kang the Conquerer, report says
- TikTok ban won’t prevent employees from being paid, US says in filing