Good headphones have a reputation for being expensive. Good wireless headphones? Doubly so. Noise-canceling headphones? Triply so (that’s an actual word, I checked). But before you plunk down $200 or more on a back-to-school or back-to-quarantine set of wireless ANC headphones, consider this: Amazon seller SoundElec has thewhen you apply the $15-off coupon on the product page. (Update, July 16: This coupon was good for $20 off yesterday, but this is still a genuinely good deal.)
Not only do these Bluetooth headphones feel substantial, with cushy earpads and solid construction, the noise canceling is effective at reducing ambient sound and overall sound quality is quite nice.
CNET’s Rick “The Cheapskate” Broida had this to say when he evaluated these a few months back: “As for overall sound quality, I think it’s quite good — maybe even surprisingly good. This is a subjective thing, and my ear isn’t highly attuned to highs, lows and all that. When I spooled up Weezer’s Buddy Holly, the underlying guitar riff came through deep and balanced; every ‘woo-ooh!’ clear and full. In Coldplay’s Hymn for the Weekend, Chris Martin’s vocals sounded great, but the background seemed a little muddy in places.”
And it doesn’t matter whether you plan to use them at home, at school or on the go. The H19 delivers a 35-hour battery life — many headphones do a lot better, but this isn’t bad — and can give you over two hours of runtime on a single 10-minute quick-charge.
I don’t know how long the coupon will remain on the H19’s product page, so check these out quickly if you’re interested.
CNET’s Cheapskate scours the web for great deals on tech products and much more. For the latest deals and updates, follow the Cheapskate on Facebook and Twitter. Find more great buys on the CNET Deals page and check out our CNET Coupons page for the latest promo codes from Best Buy, Walmart, Amazon and more. Questions about the Cheapskate blog? Find the answers on our .
- Pandemic thriller Utopia on Amazon might be the perfect viewing
- 2021 Jaguar F-Pace refreshed with new styling, luxury and tech
- 2020 Halloween full moon: This year’s spooky spectacle brings a rare twist
- The best minimalist wallet for 2020
- NASA chief calls for prioritizing Venus after surprise find hints at alien life
- YouTube is adding a new Shorts feature to rival TikTok and Instagram Reels
- Paul Rudd, world’s youngest 51-year-old, tells fellow kids to mask up
- Jonathan Majors to join MCU as villain Kang the Conquerer, report says
- TikTok ban won’t prevent employees from being paid, US says in filing