The Razer Nari Ultimate wireless gaming headset has a secret weapon. It’s the first — and as far as I know, still the only — audio gear with built-in haptic drivers. What does that mean? Well, this headset doesn’t simply reproduce sound when you’re playing games. It also buzzes and vibrates, which adds an extra level of immersion as well as giving you positional cues in the 3D space around you. (Though I’m not 100% sold on the idea, so I should point out that you can turn this feature off.) The Nari Ultimate lists for about $200 and is currently selling for $170 on Amazon. But right now, .
I’m definitely intrigued by this deal. While I wouldn’t have bought the Nari Ultimate for $200 or even $170, when you get down to $110, we’ve entered plausible splurge territory. It’s half off the list price and a solid $60 off. And the headphones come with a 12-month warranty and a 30-day money-back guarantee, so there’s little risk to the fact that it’s refurbished.
Haptics aside, these headphones look to be solid premium audio gear. CNET took a gaming headphones.and complimented the comfort and sound quality, while pointing out that they come with THX spatial audio, another solid selling point for wireless
What do you think: Haptic feedback? Around your ears? I’m genuinely curious to know if you want to try out the Nari Ultimate or worry that the haptic feature would soon wear out its welcome. Let me know your thoughts in the comments.
CNET’s Cheapskate scours the web for great deals on tech products and much more. For the latest deals and updates, follow the Cheapskate on Facebook and Twitter. Find more great buys on the CNET Deals page and check out our CNET Coupons page for the latest promo codes from Best Buy, Walmart, Amazon and more. Questions about the Cheapskate blog? Find the answers on our .
- Pandemic thriller Utopia on Amazon might be the perfect viewing
- 2021 Jaguar F-Pace refreshed with new styling, luxury and tech
- 2020 Halloween full moon: This year’s spooky spectacle brings a rare twist
- The best minimalist wallet for 2020
- NASA chief calls for prioritizing Venus after surprise find hints at alien life
- YouTube is adding a new Shorts feature to rival TikTok and Instagram Reels
- Paul Rudd, world’s youngest 51-year-old, tells fellow kids to mask up
- Jonathan Majors to join MCU as villain Kang the Conquerer, report says
- TikTok ban won’t prevent employees from being paid, US says in filing