Amazon has so many smart speakers and smart displays that you’d be forgiven for feeling a little exhausted at the thought of yet another model, but the Echo Show 8 turned out to be surprisingly great when it recently debuted. In, David Priest called it Amazon’s best model, period. And right now, you can get the , which is $30 off the regular price. If you’ve been hoping to find a place for Alexa in your kitchen, here’s your chance.
Amazon tweaked the formula in the Echo Show 8 just enough to make it shine above its siblings. The 1,280×800-pixel display is bigger than your phone, which makes it great for watching YouTube cooking videos in the kitchen, and includes a physical camera shutter for peace-of-mind privacy.
Basically, Amazon is asking us: Can you ever have too many Echo devices in your house? Right now, I’m inclined to say no. But then again, the robot apocalypse hasn’t happened yet. Ask me again when Alexa demands our allegiance in exchange for the cure to the.
- Pandemic thriller Utopia on Amazon might be the perfect viewing
- 2021 Jaguar F-Pace refreshed with new styling, luxury and tech
- 2020 Halloween full moon: This year’s spooky spectacle brings a rare twist
- The best minimalist wallet for 2020
- NASA chief calls for prioritizing Venus after surprise find hints at alien life
- YouTube is adding a new Shorts feature to rival TikTok and Instagram Reels
- Paul Rudd, world’s youngest 51-year-old, tells fellow kids to mask up
- Jonathan Majors to join MCU as villain Kang the Conquerer, report says
- TikTok ban won’t prevent employees from being paid, US says in filing