They’re too old to make “best headphone” lists anymore, but the Beats Solo3 is still a darned good set of headphones. They’re well-built and offer a formidable 40 hours of battery life between charges — not many headphones that are new for 2020 can claim that. Back in the day, these headphones debuted at $300, which was admittedly too much money, but they’ve since settled down between $160 and $200, which is a much better fit. Today I’ve got an exclusive deal for Cheapskate readers: At Daily Steals, you can get thewhen you use coupon code CNETSOLO at checkout. That’s almost $30 less than the last time I found these headphones on sale and is the lowest price ever.
I should clarify that this deal is for the “Club Collection” — that’s a Beats Solo3 dressed up in one of five special Club Collection colors, including yellow, white, navy blue and red. The matte-black model is sold out.
The Beats Solo3 incorporates Apple’s W1 chip, which allows the headphones to pair with iOS devices much more easily, and to stay connected without any glitchy dropouts during playback. These are also somewhat compact headphones; they’re an on-ear rather than over-ear design, but generously padded to keep the pressure on your ears from becoming uncomfortable.
In his CNET, David Carnoy remarked that “this is a headphone that’s designed to be worn outdoors, and the extra bass did come in handy when I was walking the streets of New York and was competing with a lot of ambient noise.” Which is a good reminder that these don’t have noise canceling built in. Even so, Carnoy thought the audio quality was good — just not really improved from the older Solo2 headphones.
So are these among the very finest wireless headphones money can buy? Nope. For that, check out this year’s list of the. But you will be hard-pressed to beat these Beats Solo3 headphones for $102.
First published earlier this year. Updated to reflect the latest deal details.
CNET’s Cheapskate scours the web for great deals on tech products and much more. For the latest deals and updates, follow the Cheapskate on Facebook and Twitter. Find more great buys on the CNET Deals page and check out our CNET Coupons page for the latest promo codes from Best Buy, Walmart, Amazon and more. Questions about the Cheapskate blog? Find the answers on our .
- Pandemic thriller Utopia on Amazon might be the perfect viewing
- 2021 Jaguar F-Pace refreshed with new styling, luxury and tech
- 2020 Halloween full moon: This year’s spooky spectacle brings a rare twist
- The best minimalist wallet for 2020
- NASA chief calls for prioritizing Venus after surprise find hints at alien life
- YouTube is adding a new Shorts feature to rival TikTok and Instagram Reels
- Paul Rudd, world’s youngest 51-year-old, tells fellow kids to mask up
- Jonathan Majors to join MCU as villain Kang the Conquerer, report says
- TikTok ban won’t prevent employees from being paid, US says in filing