If your home is your castle, you might want to do what King Richard did in A.D. 1189 — he rigged his moat with security cameras. At least, I think that’s what happened; I didn’t pay close attention in history class. If you are considering installing cameras, wireless ones are the most convenient, of course, since there are no cables to route through walls. The Arlo 2 is a 1080p HD camera that streams video day and night, indoor or out. The camera is mounted on a convenient magnetic base and runs for about six months on a charge before you have to top off the battery. Usually, the Arlo 2 comes in pretty pricey multipacks, but right now you can grab a from HSN. Usually $200, that’s 30% off.
That’s a pretty good deal, all things considered, and includes everything you need to get started: camera, battery, charger, security base station and mounting hardware. In our, CNET’s Megan Wollerton liked the multicamera Arlo 2 system a lot overall, but called it out as being pretty expensive. That’s why this deal caught my eye; it’s an affordable way into the Arlo ecosystem, and if you want to build out your security with additional cameras later, you can always order extra cameras without the base station and other accessories. on Amazon right now.
- Twitter’s Jack Dorsey pledges $3m to Colin Kaepernick’s Know Your Rights Camp
- Toy dinosaur that joined astronauts on SpaceX flight extinct at most stores
- K-pop stans take over racist hashtags on Twitter
- Fossilized dinosaur stomach reveals dino’s 110-million-year-old last meal
- Koenigsegg and Polestar hint at ‘something exciting’ to come
- This 10,000-mAh power bank is almost as thin as the $10 bill it’ll cost you
- US Defense Department ramps up 5G testing
- Samsung AR glasses patent shows off turn-by-turn navigation function
- NASA solar spacecraft captures comet Atlas streaking past the sun