I’m often asked, “Which iPhone should I buy?” My answer is always the same: The iPhone XR. (And that’s true even following the recent introduction of .) Great screen, great cameras, reasonable price tag. Of course, I like it even better when there’s a deal to be had — and no contract you’re forced to take along with it.
For a limited time, Visible continues to offer the unlocked iPhone XR (64GB) for $576, with a $200 prepaid Mastercard when you switch to the carrier’s unlimited plan for a minimum of two months. (More on that below.) That’s $23 less than the XR costs elsewhere, and the rebate brings your net cost down to $376.
It could get lower still: Cash-back service Rakuten (formerly Ebates) is currently offering 8% back on Visible purchases. (It was previously 4%; this is a limited-time bump.) And that applies to the $576 you’ll pay at checkout, so you stand to pocket another $46 or so. Final effective price on the XR: $330.
As for Visible, which runs on Verizon’s network, it offers just one plan: Unlimited everything for $40 a month. There’s no contract on that, either, though you do have to stay with the carrier for at least two months in order to qualify for the $200 rebate.
Better still,when you sign up with three others. Any three others; friends, family members, people you met on Zoom and so forth.
Meanwhile, if you decide after two months that you want out, you can take the XR elsewhere. But let’s say you stay with Visible and pay $40 a month. After two years you’ll have paid $960 for service. If you’d chosen Verizon proper instead, that carrier’s $80 plan would total out to a whopping $1,920.
Originally published earlier this year. Updated to reflect new sale information. Removed expired bonus deals.
Read More: All the latest Best Buy coupons
CNET’s Cheapskate scours the web for great deals on tech products and much more. For the latest deals and updates, follow the Cheapskate on Facebook and Twitter. Find more great buys on the CNET Deals page and check out our CNET Coupons page for the latest promo codes from Best Buy, Walmart, Amazon and more. Questions about the Cheapskate blog? Find the answers on our .
- Before South Florida can be called a ‘tech hub,’ it has some growing to do | Opinion – South Florida Sun Sentinel – South Florida Sun Sentinel
- 5 Tips To Make Tech Partnerships Your UX Secret Weapon – Forbes
- Innovate Tech Charlotte Opens Registration for 2021 Virtual Summer Camp – PRNewswire
- Virtual tech event highlights local STEM professionals during WHAT I CAN BE! Tech Career Showcase – Northwest Georgia News
- Turkey Widens War Tech Hunt by Tapping Pakistan’s China Ties – Bloomberg
- AI commission sees ‘extraordinary’ support to stand up tech-focused service academy – Federal News Network
- AI panel urges US to boost tech skills amid China’s rise – Fox Business
- Tech-GSU Game Moved to Wednesday for Rain – Georgia Tech Official Athletic Site
- Tech Hosts Duke for Senior Night – Men’s Basketball — Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets – Georgia Tech Official Athletic Site