Many spouses have what I have come to call “The $300 Rule.” In a nutshell, you can make any impulse purchase without consulting with your significant other as long as the price tag comes to less than 300 bucks. Of course, you might adjust that number up or down based on finances, but almost everyone has a version of that rule. And we now live in an age where a giant screen smart TV easily qualifies for this rule. For the rest of this weekend, you can get a. That’s $100 less than the usual $380.
CNET hasn’t had an opportunity to review the 55R7F, but I’ve been able to glean from numerous user reviews that this budget-priced television has surprisingly good color accuracy for a model in its price range. A quantum dot screen this isn’t, but it offers solid color gamut and performance nonetheless, including both integrated HDR and 120Hz motion processing. The best part, though, is no doubt the fact that this is a Roku TV, so you get all of Roku’s array of apps and channels, as well as the superb Roku interface.
An extra little bonus: Roku is currently including three months of CBS All Access for free with the purchase of a Roku TV, so now’s your chance to binge Picard (and whatever else CBS might be streaming) on a 55-inch screen.
- Pandemic thriller Utopia on Amazon might be the perfect viewing
- 2021 Jaguar F-Pace refreshed with new styling, luxury and tech
- 2020 Halloween full moon: This year’s spooky spectacle brings a rare twist
- The best minimalist wallet for 2020
- NASA chief calls for prioritizing Venus after surprise find hints at alien life
- YouTube is adding a new Shorts feature to rival TikTok and Instagram Reels
- Paul Rudd, world’s youngest 51-year-old, tells fellow kids to mask up
- Jonathan Majors to join MCU as villain Kang the Conquerer, report says
- TikTok ban won’t prevent employees from being paid, US says in filing