If you’re a gamer — or just visit the Cheapskate pages occasionally — you probably know that Epic Games gives away one or more free games each week. This week, Epic has tossed two games onto the freebie pile, for a total value of $90. First up is the popular-but-flawed action game ARK: Survival Evolved. And if that’s not enough, you can also snag Samurai Shodown NeoGeo Collection. Both games can be downloaded anytime between now and Thursday, June 18, and they’re yours to keep forever.
The premise of ARK: Survival Evolved is that you’re stranded on the shores of a mysterious island with just the clothes on your back. You need to learn to survive by taming and killing the primeval creatures roaming the island, craft tools, build a habitat, and interact with other players. As you progress in the game, your weapons get more powerful, but you are vulnerable to other players in addition to the island’s dinosaurs and giant insects.
This is actually seven games in one package. The Samurai Shodown NeoGeo Collection is a collection of classic 2D fighting games that includes Samurai Shodown I through Samurai Shodown V, with some special editions thrown in for good measure. Each game can be played in single-player or online multiplayer mode, and Museum Mode includes a sort of Director’s Cut of special features.
This article is updated regularly with the current week’s free games.
CNET’s Cheapskate scours the web for great deals on tech products and much more. For the latest deals and updates, follow the Cheapskate on Facebook and Twitter. Find more great buys on the CNET Deals page and check out our CNET Coupons page for the latest promo codes from Best Buy, Walmart, Amazon and more. Questions about the Cheapskate blog? Find the answers on our FAQ page.
- Pandemic thriller Utopia on Amazon might be the perfect viewing
- 2021 Jaguar F-Pace refreshed with new styling, luxury and tech
- 2020 Halloween full moon: This year’s spooky spectacle brings a rare twist
- The best minimalist wallet for 2020
- NASA chief calls for prioritizing Venus after surprise find hints at alien life
- YouTube is adding a new Shorts feature to rival TikTok and Instagram Reels
- Paul Rudd, world’s youngest 51-year-old, tells fellow kids to mask up
- Jonathan Majors to join MCU as villain Kang the Conquerer, report says
- TikTok ban won’t prevent employees from being paid, US says in filing