Samsung’s got jokes. At least according to a new teardown by tech DIY repair site iFixit, which revealed Samsung’s new Galaxy Buds Live wireless earbuds have internals labeled, “Bean Right” and “Bean Left.” We’re glad we’re not the only ones who think they look like you could .
In addition to sharing their shape with a certain protein-rich ingredient, Samsung’s Galaxy Live new beans are among, “some of the easiest buds we’ve ever opened,” says iFixit, which gave the earbuds high marks for reparability — an 8 out of 10 (the most repairable).
We asked Samsung who might be responsible for such a nerdy sense of humor. A spokesperson for the company told us, “Beans was an internal code name for the product.”
Samsung unveiled its new $170 (£179, AU$319) wireless earbuds in August. They offer active noise cancellation and come in three color options: mystic white, mystic black and mystic bronze.
- Pandemic thriller Utopia on Amazon might be the perfect viewing
- 2021 Jaguar F-Pace refreshed with new styling, luxury and tech
- 2020 Halloween full moon: This year’s spooky spectacle brings a rare twist
- The best minimalist wallet for 2020
- NASA chief calls for prioritizing Venus after surprise find hints at alien life
- YouTube is adding a new Shorts feature to rival TikTok and Instagram Reels
- Paul Rudd, world’s youngest 51-year-old, tells fellow kids to mask up
- Jonathan Majors to join MCU as villain Kang the Conquerer, report says
- TikTok ban won’t prevent employees from being paid, US says in filing