To celebrate today’s release of Google has slashed the price of Stadia, its cloud gaming service. The Stadia Premiere Edition bundle usually costs $129 but is marked down today to $99. The bundle includes a Stadia controller, Chromecast Ultra and three free months of Stadia Pro. After the free trial, a Stadia Pro subscription costs $10 a month.,
The sale on Stadia Premiere Edition ends tonight at 11:59 p.m. PT (2:59 a.m. ET on Saturday). Stadia is available internationally but the sale is available only in the U.S.
These two events — the release of Doom Eternal and the sale — address the biggest concerns we had in our Google Stadia review: the small number of games available for the platform and its big price. Remember, you’ll still need to shell out for games even while you pay $10 a month for the service. Doom Eternal, for example, costs $60 for the Standard Edition and $90 for the Deluxe Edition. Still, we thought gameplay was excellent — albeit on a web not strained by shelter-in-place orders — running at 60fps at 4K on an HDTV over Wi-Fi, and liked the feel of the Stadia controller. And there are more games on tap for this year after Doom Eternal; Google plans to release 120 games in 2020.
- Colleges That Require Coronavirus Screening Tech Struggle to Say Whether It Works – The New York Times
- Colleges That Require Virus-Screening Tech Struggle to Say Whether It Works – The New York Times
- Gender Equality in Tech (GET) Cities Expands to DC to Diversify the Tech Ecosystem – Yahoo Finance
- Turkey Widens War Tech Hunt by Tapping Pakistan’s China Ties – Bloomberg
- Tech recruiting lessons in the Covid-19 era – Information Age
- Virtual tech event highlights local STEM professionals during WHAT I CAN BE! Tech Career Showcase – Herald-Mail Media
- Accenture’s Tech Push Makes It World’s Most Acquisitive Company – Bloomberg
- Tech Hosts Duke for Senior Night – Men’s Basketball — Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets – Georgia Tech Official Athletic Site
- No. 22/19 Tech set for final home game, takes on Cards – VT hokiesports.com