Tim Brunk makes cream puffs every day at the Pine Cone Restaurant, Johnson Creek, squeezing the shells out by hand. To make 10,000 for Jefferson County Farm Technology Days (FTD) like that would take him six or seven days.
Luckily, Brunk, the only man on the FTD food committee, has a baker from Milwaukee helping him who has a machine to drop the pastry shells in six to seven hours. From there a crew of ladies from the cream supplier will be on hand to stuff the pastries.
Hold on though. These are no ordinary cream puffs. Well, one is — and that basic cream puff will be available each day of the three-day farm event.
Brunk, who has been a baker for 23 years, knew cream puffs were popular in Johnson Creek “because we sell a lot of them.” Not satisfied with the standard pastry for this event however, Brunk decided to “ramp it up and do something a little different” for one of the biggest agriculture events in the state coming to Jefferson County this year.
He came up with a “bunch of different flavors” and the committee decided on three to feature at FTD — Bavarian creme, raspberry and maple. Each day a different flavor will be featured, along with the standard cream puff. Tuesday, July 23, visitors can taste the raspberry cream puff, Wednesday, July 24, it’s the maple cream puff and Thursday, July 25, will be Bavarian cream puffs.
- [LLODO] LIVE UPDATES: Ex-Minnesota police officer Kim Potter released from jail after posting $100K bond
- [LLODO] Army drill sergeant charged over viral video involving Black man
- [LLODO] Knoxville police identify student killed after bringing gun to high school
- [LLODO] Ex-Minnesota police officer Kim Potter released from jail after posting $100G bond
- [LLODO] Fifth of Americans refuse to get coronavirus vaccine as Johnson & Johnson shot is put on hold
- [LLODO] California ethnic studies pitch denounces US as a ‘parasitic system’ based on the ‘invasion’ of White settlers
- [LLODO] California child protective agency declines to answer questions about mother accused of killing her 3 kids
- [LLODO] Minnesota protester tells Fox reporter: Only way things change is ‘if people start throwing things’