Chapter 2 season 2 of Fortnite is coming to an end to make way for season 3 starting on June 17. Like past seasons of the popular battle royale game, Epic Games has planned a big in-game finale. The one-time event, dubbed the Doomsday event by players, starts on Monday at 11 a.m. PT/2 p.m. ET.
Doomsday event start time
The live Doomsday event, officially called The Device, is scheduled for 11 a.m. PT/2 p.m. ET.
However, Epic cautioned that space is limited for the event, and players are encouraged to jump in 30 minutes early.
What to expect
We don’t have many official details on the event. On Monday, Fortnite teased on Twitter: “The Storm rages on. Will Midas’ Machine break the Storm?”
Some Fortnite players and leakers are speculating that the large orb-shaped contraption in Midas’ office is, in fact, The Device, according to GameSpot. What exactly will lead to it being triggered? We should find out later today.
After the event, some are reportedly expecting part of the battle royale map to be sent underwater, which would create a very different battleground for the start of season 3.
- Pandemic thriller Utopia on Amazon might be the perfect viewing
- 2021 Jaguar F-Pace refreshed with new styling, luxury and tech
- 2020 Halloween full moon: This year’s spooky spectacle brings a rare twist
- The best minimalist wallet for 2020
- NASA chief calls for prioritizing Venus after surprise find hints at alien life
- YouTube is adding a new Shorts feature to rival TikTok and Instagram Reels
- Paul Rudd, world’s youngest 51-year-old, tells fellow kids to mask up
- Jonathan Majors to join MCU as villain Kang the Conquerer, report says
- TikTok ban won’t prevent employees from being paid, US says in filing