The electric van will join theand the upcoming as Ford grows its electric vehicle lineup. With a debut date penciled in for the 2022 model year, the automaker didn’t give away the farm when it comes to details, but we have a few tidbits to highlight.
To start, Ford plans to build the electric Transit in the US — a notable detail since production of the standard Transit will move to Mexico starting in 2021. The company previously confirmed the Transit would head to the Hermosillo plant down south after Lincoln MKZ production wraps up. and declared there won’t be a replacement.and
Where the Transit EV will call home in the US, we don’t yet know, but the decision is part of the automaker’s $11.5 billion investment in electrifying its lineup through 2022.
Ford made it clear it won’t drop an electric powertrain into the Transit just for the sake of it. Instead, the program will be a complete overhaul of the cargo van with plenty of technology to help make make fleet operators’ lives easier. Expect a high-speed internet connection and cloud-based services to ramp up the model’s connectivity. Ford’s collection of active safety gear will also come standard. Surely, this electric Transit will do battle with.
At the end of the day, cargo vans fail if they don’t deliver on space, and Ford knows that. The automaker said cargo capacity will remain “uncompromised,” a likely nod to the electric powertrain, which will eat up more space. The typical slew of chassis options will also remain with cargo vans, cutaway and chassis cabs and a selection of roof heights.
We’ll learn more about the electric van in the months to come, Ford promises, but before then, all eyes are on the Mustang Mach-E as it begins production later this year.
- AI commission sees ‘extraordinary’ support to stand up tech-focused service academy – Federal News Network
- Gender Equality in Tech (GET) Cities Expands to DC to Diversify the Tech Ecosystem – PRNewswire
- Tech-GSU Game Moved to Wednesday for Rain – Georgia Tech Official Athletic Site
- Virtual tech event highlights local STEM professionals during WHAT I CAN BE! Tech Career Showcase – Herald-Mail Media
- Tech recruiting lessons in the Covid-19 era – Information Age
- Tech Hosts Duke for Senior Night – Men’s Basketball — Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets – Georgia Tech Official Athletic Site
- More than 20% of tech employees hesitant to speak about diversity – ComputerWeekly.com
- 13 Tech Stocks That Could Do Well as the Economy Recovers – Barron’s
- 5 Tips To Make Tech Partnerships Your UX Secret Weapon – Forbes