Those keen to cash in on Ford will have three fewer months to enjoy.in a new
According to a report Tuesday from CarsDirect, Ford dealers received a notification that 2021 model year vehicles will include a three-month trial, rather than a six-month trial for the satellite radio service. The reason for the shortened trial period isn’t clear, but drivers obviously have numerous avenues by which to receive media these days. and provide quick access to popular streaming apps like Spotify, and SiriusXM itself has its own set of radio competitors.
Ford didn’t immediately return a request for comment when asked for the reasoning behind the decision.
The letter reportedly says there won’t be any change to the SiriusXM radio content available and just explains that buyers won’t get the usual six-month trial.
The change most likely has something to do with the length of subscription competing automakers provide. The majority of them that offer complimentary SiriusXM access typically provide three months, making Ford a little more generous than most. Though, BMW and Dodge offer a full year of access, as the original report points out.
As for 2021 Ford vehicles, the automaker has plenty in the pipeline. We’ll see the new, a smaller , a and an coming in the very near future.
- The best gaming laptop performers for 2020: Alienware, Origin PC and more compared
- The best gaming chair to seat yourself in for 2020
- Zuckerberg-funded researchers push Facebook to block ‘incendiary’ posts
- Best foam rollers for muscle stiffness and soreness, according to pros
- Apple Card installment plan coming soon for AirPods, iPads, Macs, says report
- Best teeth whitening strips and toothpaste
- Best snack subscription box
- The best Father’s Day gifts for dad in 2020
- Best laptop for college students in 2020: Apple, Dell, Microsoft and more