Those keen to cash in on Ford will have three fewer months to enjoy.in a new
According to a report Tuesday from CarsDirect, Ford dealers received a notification that 2021 model year vehicles will include a three-month trial, rather than a six-month trial for the satellite radio service. The reason for the shortened trial period isn’t clear, but drivers obviously have numerous avenues by which to receive media these days. and provide quick access to popular streaming apps like Spotify, and SiriusXM itself has its own set of radio competitors.
Ford didn’t immediately return a request for comment when asked for the reasoning behind the decision.
The letter reportedly says there won’t be any change to the SiriusXM radio content available and just explains that buyers won’t get the usual six-month trial.
The change most likely has something to do with the length of subscription competing automakers provide. The majority of them that offer complimentary SiriusXM access typically provide three months, making Ford a little more generous than most. Though, BMW and Dodge offer a full year of access, as the original report points out.
As for 2021 Ford vehicles, the automaker has plenty in the pipeline. We’ll see the new, a smaller , a and an coming in the very near future.
- Colleges That Require Coronavirus Screening Tech Struggle to Say Whether It Works – The New York Times
- Colleges That Require Virus-Screening Tech Struggle to Say Whether It Works – The New York Times
- Gender Equality in Tech (GET) Cities Expands to DC to Diversify the Tech Ecosystem – Yahoo Finance
- Turkey Widens War Tech Hunt by Tapping Pakistan’s China Ties – Bloomberg
- Tech recruiting lessons in the Covid-19 era – Information Age
- Virtual tech event highlights local STEM professionals during WHAT I CAN BE! Tech Career Showcase – Herald-Mail Media
- Accenture’s Tech Push Makes It World’s Most Acquisitive Company – Bloomberg
- Tech Hosts Duke for Senior Night – Men’s Basketball — Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets – Georgia Tech Official Athletic Site
- No. 22/19 Tech set for final home game, takes on Cards – VT hokiesports.com