Work continues at Ford despite a related to the outbreak, and 2021 may shape up as a big year for the automaker. Yesterday, we reported on a VIN decoder document that supposedly revealed some important info on the . Today, a similar document may house a launch timeframe for a Mustang Mach 1.
The information comes from what a Mustang6G forum user says is an “internal Ford document” and it shows the 2021 Mustang lineup via a VIN decoder. There aren’t any new-vehicle-related surprises save for one title among the Mustang portfolio, and that is a “Mach 1 Coupe.”
The VIN decoder document says the Mach 1 will feature the “P8R” code, though we can’t discern anything else about its powertrain or horsepower. Even the familiar 5.0-liter and 2.3-liter engines include a “TBD” in the net brake horsepower column. There’s also no indication we’ll see some sort of new engine for the Mach 1 since all of these power plants are currently in production, including the 5.2-liter flat-plane crank V8 found in theand GT350.
What is missing, however, is any mention of the. There’s explicit mention of the GT500, which uses a supercharged version of the 5.2-liter V8, but the GT350 is something special in its own right without any forced induction attached to the wonderful engine. It could be that Ford plans to slot the Mach 1 into a space the GT350 occupies, but nonetheless, it’d be a big bummer to see the GT350 kick the bucket.
We won’t know anything official until Ford’s ready to talk about the changes publicly. The automaker simply told Roadshow in a statement, “We’ve been pushing the Mustang lineup’s capabilities and levels of excitement to new heights to give us the most performance-focused Mustang lineup in its 55-year history. Stay tuned as there’s always more excitement around Mustang to come”
- Colleges That Require Coronavirus Screening Tech Struggle to Say Whether It Works – The New York Times
- Colleges That Require Virus-Screening Tech Struggle to Say Whether It Works – The New York Times
- Gender Equality in Tech (GET) Cities Expands to DC to Diversify the Tech Ecosystem – Yahoo Finance
- Turkey Widens War Tech Hunt by Tapping Pakistan’s China Ties – Bloomberg
- Tech recruiting lessons in the Covid-19 era – Information Age
- Virtual tech event highlights local STEM professionals during WHAT I CAN BE! Tech Career Showcase – Herald-Mail Media
- Accenture’s Tech Push Makes It World’s Most Acquisitive Company – Bloomberg
- Tech Hosts Duke for Senior Night – Men’s Basketball — Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets – Georgia Tech Official Athletic Site
- No. 22/19 Tech set for final home game, takes on Cards – VT hokiesports.com