Ais coming, if you don’t recall. It’s often overlooked as there’s far greater attention on the forthcoming — and equally mysterious — . While we still don’t know much about the , we may have a new nugget of information on the hybrid model.
An F-150 Forum member published a supposed internal document on Wednesday that provides some basic details on the 2021 F-150’s hybrid powertrain. According to this document, the hybrid system will pair with the pickup’s base 3.5-liter V6, which makes 375 horsepower without electrification augmenting anything. It’s hard to imagine this 3.5-liter V6 is a totally new engine, so for now, we’ll assume the engine’s part of the Ford powertrain parts bin.
It seems pretty clear the electrified pickup will make more power than the engine on its own, but the document lists a big, fat “TBD” under “net brake horsepower.” So, we don’t have a clue what it’ll be. Ford declined to comment on the published document when Roadshow reached out.
For now, that’s it on details about the F-150 Hybrid because Ford isn’t letting loose lips expose any secrets. Originally, the pickup was supposed to debut by 2020, according to Ford in 2017. However, as noted, this document explicitly says it’ll be a 2021 model. We’ll likely see the truck sometime this year, and maybe we’ll learn more about the electric model, too.
First published April 1.
- The Human Face Of Energy Reinvention: Why Tech Alone Can’t Save The Industry – Forbes
- 4 Companies Offering Scholarships For Underrepresented People In Tech – Forbes
- Michigan picks up QB Alan Bowman as former Texas Tech starter chooses Wolverines as transfer destination – CBS Sports
- AI panel urges US to boost tech skills amid China’s rise – FOX40
- Track & Field Announces 2021 Outdoor Schedule – Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets – Georgia Tech Official Athletic Site
- 5 Beaten-Up Tech Stocks That Could Be Buys Right Now – Barron’s
- College basketball rankings: Oklahoma State, Texas Tech are on the rise in the first Power 36 of March – NCAA.com
- Tech Tips to Help Score a Covid-19 Vaccine Appointment at CVS, Rite Aid, Walgreens and More – The Wall Street Journal
- Tech Hosts Duke for Senior Night – Men’s Basketball — Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets – Georgia Tech Official Athletic Site