If you’re a gamer — or just visit the Cheapskate pages occasionally — you no doubt know that Epic Games gives away one or more free games each week. This week, you can . For the King is a tactical RPG with turn-based combat. It borrows gameplay ideas and its aesthetics from tabletop games, and sweetens very difficult gameplay with quirky visuals and charming humor. The game also features single-player, local co-op and online co-op play modes. And thanks to procedurally generated maps, the game has a lot of replay value, even in single-player mode.
If you find you really like For the King, Epic has included all the released expansion content, including Dungeon Crawl, Frozen Expanse Adventure, Gold Rush Un-Cooperative Mode and Into The Deep. There’s a lot to play here.
Need even more games? There’s only one free title at Epic this week, but you can still get up to, which means you can play some crazy games with your family while you shelter at home.
This article is updated regularly with the current week’s free games.
CNET’s Cheapskate scours the web for great deals on tech products and much more. For the latest deals and updates, follow the Cheapskate on Facebook and Twitter. Find more great buys on the CNET Deals page and check out our CNET Coupons page for the latest promo codes from Best Buy, Walmart, Amazon and more. Questions about the Cheapskate blog? Find the answers on our FAQ page.
- Pandemic thriller Utopia on Amazon might be the perfect viewing
- 2021 Jaguar F-Pace refreshed with new styling, luxury and tech
- 2020 Halloween full moon: This year’s spooky spectacle brings a rare twist
- The best minimalist wallet for 2020
- NASA chief calls for prioritizing Venus after surprise find hints at alien life
- YouTube is adding a new Shorts feature to rival TikTok and Instagram Reels
- Paul Rudd, world’s youngest 51-year-old, tells fellow kids to mask up
- Jonathan Majors to join MCU as villain Kang the Conquerer, report says
- TikTok ban won’t prevent employees from being paid, US says in filing