What would Ferris Bueller make of lockdown? We can speculate with the cast of Ferris Bueller’s Day Off, who took time to reminisce over the John Hughes classic. Their Zoom cast reunion is the latest from Josh Gad’s nostalgic YouTube series Reunited Apart.
Matthew Broderick looked back at playing Bueller over 30 years ago, and chatted with cast-mates Alan Ruck (Cameron), Mia Sara (Sloane), Jennifer Grey (Jeanie), Cindy Pickett (Katie), Lyman Ward (Tom) and a few more special guests.
Look out for Ben Stein, the man who began his career as a speech writer for US presidents Richard Nixon and Gerald Ford, before taking on his famous role as Bueller’s economics teacher.
The cast talk iconic lines and phrases, as well as Stein’s famous repetition of Bueller’s name. He also tells the story of how he ad-libbed his lines for the most boring lecture ever heard on film.
Jake Gyllenhaal joined in to speculate about how he could play Bueller’s son in the hypothetical sequel, and Kenny Ortega discussed his experience choreographing the iconic Chicago parade scene before he later went on to choreograph Dirty Dancing.
Reunited Apart has brought together the casts of, the original , Tom Hanks’ Splash and more. The series fundraises for various organizations that support those affected by .
New movie calendar for 2020 and 2021 following coronavirus delays
- Pandemic thriller Utopia on Amazon might be the perfect viewing
- 2021 Jaguar F-Pace refreshed with new styling, luxury and tech
- 2020 Halloween full moon: This year’s spooky spectacle brings a rare twist
- The best minimalist wallet for 2020
- NASA chief calls for prioritizing Venus after surprise find hints at alien life
- YouTube is adding a new Shorts feature to rival TikTok and Instagram Reels
- Paul Rudd, world’s youngest 51-year-old, tells fellow kids to mask up
- Jonathan Majors to join MCU as villain Kang the Conquerer, report says
- TikTok ban won’t prevent employees from being paid, US says in filing