Third party fact checkers working in partnership with Facebook said a newly viral video of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi has been altered to make her speech appear slurred, giving her the appearance of being intoxicated. FactCheck.org, a program of the Annenberg Public Policy Center at the University of Pennsylvania, said the video is slowed down in places and spliced together from different moments of the San Francisco Democrat’s appearance at a May 20 press conference.
The video has been seen more than 2.5 million teams and now carries a label of “partly false.”
Facebook didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment. It’s not the first time an altered video of Pelosi has appeared on the social media platform.from May of 2019 took a similar technique of slowing down parts of the congresswoman’s speech to make her appear drunk.
In February of 2020,of Pelosi, this time making it look like she tore up a copy of a speech given by US President Donald Trump after he honored a Tuskegee airman and members of the US military. In reality, Pelosi tore up a copy of Trump’s State of the Union speech after he addressed lawmakers that month.
- Pandemic thriller Utopia on Amazon might be the perfect viewing
- 2021 Jaguar F-Pace refreshed with new styling, luxury and tech
- 2020 Halloween full moon: This year’s spooky spectacle brings a rare twist
- The best minimalist wallet for 2020
- NASA chief calls for prioritizing Venus after surprise find hints at alien life
- YouTube is adding a new Shorts feature to rival TikTok and Instagram Reels
- Paul Rudd, world’s youngest 51-year-old, tells fellow kids to mask up
- Jonathan Majors to join MCU as villain Kang the Conquerer, report says
- TikTok ban won’t prevent employees from being paid, US says in filing