Facebook is by donating 720,000 masks to US health workers as they try to get the outbreak under control, CEO Mark Zuckerberg wrote Sunday. His post noted that the social network is also trying to source “millions” more.
The company bought the masks in case the California wildfires continued, Zuckerberg said.
The new strain of coronavirus, which can develop into a respiratory illness known as , was discovered in Wuhan, China, in December. As of Monday morning, it had infected and caused over 14,000 deaths globally.
A California-based respiratory therapist thanked the Facebook boss, saying she and her colleagues are on the front lines of the coronavirus response and “need to be protected” so they avoid falling ill while saving lives.
On Saturday, Vice President Mike Pence praised Apple forand encouraged any businesses with masks to donate them.
“If you’ve got 100 of them, if you’ve got 10,000 of them,” Pence said in Saturday’s White House coronavirus briefing. “Load them up, drive them to your local hospital.”
Also Saturday, New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo said the state would be sending 1 million 17,000 confirmed cases.to New York City. The following day, the city had nearly
As people isolate in an effort to curb the virus’ spread, they’re relying on social media to keep in touch — data shared with CNET last week indicated thatare making group video calls using Facebook Messenger week over week. Messenger is also helping government health organizations and UN health agencies about the health crisis, to push back against coronavirus-related hoaxes and conspiracy spreading on social networks.
The information contained in this article is for educational and informational purposes only and is not intended as health or medical advice. Always consult a physician or other qualified health provider regarding any questions you may have about a medical condition or health objectives.
- Colleges That Require Coronavirus Screening Tech Struggle to Say Whether It Works – The New York Times
- Colleges That Require Virus-Screening Tech Struggle to Say Whether It Works – The New York Times
- Gender Equality in Tech (GET) Cities Expands to DC to Diversify the Tech Ecosystem – Yahoo Finance
- Turkey Widens War Tech Hunt by Tapping Pakistan’s China Ties – Bloomberg
- Tech recruiting lessons in the Covid-19 era – Information Age
- Virtual tech event highlights local STEM professionals during WHAT I CAN BE! Tech Career Showcase – Herald-Mail Media
- Accenture’s Tech Push Makes It World’s Most Acquisitive Company – Bloomberg
- Tech Hosts Duke for Senior Night – Men’s Basketball — Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets – Georgia Tech Official Athletic Site
- No. 22/19 Tech set for final home game, takes on Cards – VT hokiesports.com