Facebook, Instagram and WhatsApp were down for some users on Wednesday. As of around 2:30 p.m. PT, outages were concentrated in regions including North and South America and Europe. By around 3 p.m. PT, a Facebook representative said the apps were back up and running. Instagram and WhatsApp are owned by Facebook.
The most reported problems on Facebook were with images, according to Downdetector. Some people were also having issues with News Feed and logging in. On Instagram, the majority of issues were with Newsfeed, followed by Instagram Stories and posting images.
People also experienced issues with WhatsApp. The majority of reported problems were with sending or receiving messages, followed by connection issues, according to Downdetector.
“Earlier today, some people may have had trouble with images across our family of apps due to a network error,” a Facebook representative said. “The issue has been resolved, and we are back up and running. We apologize for any inconvenience.”
As is often the case, many people flocked to Twitter when Facebook and Instagram went down.
Some had to confirm whether they were the only ones facing issues with the platforms.
“People running from Instagram to Twitter to find out if Instagram is down,” one user tweeted.
Others wondered if the outage was an April Fools’ joke.
- Colleges That Require Coronavirus Screening Tech Struggle to Say Whether It Works – The New York Times
- Colleges That Require Virus-Screening Tech Struggle to Say Whether It Works – The New York Times
- Gender Equality in Tech (GET) Cities Expands to DC to Diversify the Tech Ecosystem – Yahoo Finance
- Turkey Widens War Tech Hunt by Tapping Pakistan’s China Ties – Bloomberg
- Tech recruiting lessons in the Covid-19 era – Information Age
- Virtual tech event highlights local STEM professionals during WHAT I CAN BE! Tech Career Showcase – Herald-Mail Media
- Accenture’s Tech Push Makes It World’s Most Acquisitive Company – Bloomberg
- Tech Hosts Duke for Senior Night – Men’s Basketball — Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets – Georgia Tech Official Athletic Site
- No. 22/19 Tech set for final home game, takes on Cards – VT hokiesports.com