Tesla CEO Elon Musk is perhaps the king of giving up precious information and details via Twitter. For years, it’s never been uncommon for fans to ask questions and receive a response from Musk, and the same formula played out on Twitter this Thursday.
A fan simply asked for a bit of news surrounding theand the CEO replied with two bits of information. First, he said Tesla has a new “dynamic air suspension” in the works specifically for the Cybertruck. He followed up to say it won’t be based on the air suspension found in the and .
The new suspension will help the electric pickup truck be a formidable machine off-road and Musk declared the company’s rig needs to “kick butt at Baja,” a nod to the famed off-road race that tests machines to their core.
A second Twitter user queried Musk on the biggest change from the prototype we saw last year to theso far, and we learned the pickup will be a smidge smaller. Musk says compared to the Cybertruck we saw debut, the production model will be around 3% smaller with a more level center line. The windowsill height will also come down, which I imagine will help the Cybertruck look a little sleeker. Tesla didn’t immediately respond to Roadshow’s request for more information on what Musk discussed.
is planned for late 2021 with less powerful models planned for production in 2022. Musk also said via Twitter last month the company’s scouting areas in the central US for a to build the Cybertruck, but it’s not clear whether there’s a shortlist.
- Colleges That Require Coronavirus Screening Tech Struggle to Say Whether It Works – The New York Times
- Colleges That Require Virus-Screening Tech Struggle to Say Whether It Works – The New York Times
- Gender Equality in Tech (GET) Cities Expands to DC to Diversify the Tech Ecosystem – Yahoo Finance
- Turkey Widens War Tech Hunt by Tapping Pakistan’s China Ties – Bloomberg
- Tech recruiting lessons in the Covid-19 era – Information Age
- Virtual tech event highlights local STEM professionals during WHAT I CAN BE! Tech Career Showcase – Herald-Mail Media
- Accenture’s Tech Push Makes It World’s Most Acquisitive Company – Bloomberg
- Tech Hosts Duke for Senior Night – Men’s Basketball — Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets – Georgia Tech Official Athletic Site
- No. 22/19 Tech set for final home game, takes on Cards – VT hokiesports.com