Elon Musk has taken to Twitter to dish out a few more details on the electric vehicle that nearly set the internet afire last year. That’d be the , if you haven’t heard about it already.
The Tesla CEO started a short Twitter conversation on Friday to add a few additional details about the electric pickup, including dimensions and a host of other gadgets to measure outside effects on payload, towing and more.
On the latter point, Musk replied to a Twitter user asking for a payload towing calculator. Various scenarios can change how much any pickup truck will handle, and Musk said thewill have this function. He added the will “also show real-time changes to max acceleration, braking, cornering, speed on gradient and range.” This set of calculator gadgetry will further factor in elevation changes, cargo or towing mass and drag impact on a specified route.
The Tesla CEO appeared extremely proud of the Cybertruck’s forthcoming active ride height and damping systems, which he explicitly called “game changing” for a pickup truck. He didn’t add any other details.
Perhaps the area most fans will be delighted to hear about is the love-it-or-hate-it design. When questioned on how the looks will translate to production (the launch prototype doesn’t have wing mirrors, for example), Musk said the final version looks “slightly better.” He also cleared up some dimensional confusion in past tweets and said the electricwill measure closer to 82 inches. Every single version will, according to Musk, come standard with the upper “laser blade lights” as he described them, too.
We’re likely in for plenty more exchanges like this from Musk since production of the Cybertruck is over a year away. The first models, which will sport a trimotor setup, are. Less powerful models will begin production in 2022. Tesla has something for the here and now, too: The SUV is set to next month.
Originally published Feb. 24.
- Pandemic thriller Utopia on Amazon might be the perfect viewing
- 2021 Jaguar F-Pace refreshed with new styling, luxury and tech
- 2020 Halloween full moon: This year’s spooky spectacle brings a rare twist
- The best minimalist wallet for 2020
- NASA chief calls for prioritizing Venus after surprise find hints at alien life
- YouTube is adding a new Shorts feature to rival TikTok and Instagram Reels
- Paul Rudd, world’s youngest 51-year-old, tells fellow kids to mask up
- Jonathan Majors to join MCU as villain Kang the Conquerer, report says
- TikTok ban won’t prevent employees from being paid, US says in filing