In the image, West is wearing an orange jacket, and Musk is wearing a black shirt with a small image of an orange on it. Musk and West are both wearing shoes from West’s Adidas Yeezy line, with Musk wearing the Yeezy 500 Slate High shoes, and West wearing his Yeezy Quantum Barium design.
“When you go to your boy’s house and you’re both wearing orange,” West captioned the tweet.
Fans immediately started to dissect the image. Some eagle-eyed viewers spotted singer Grimes, who has a son with Musk (), reflected in the display case taking the photo. “Grimes said ur doing amazing sweetie,” wrote one.
It’s not clear where the photo was taken — back in May, Musk said he planned to “own no house,” but a more interesting question might be what exactly is in the case? Is it a robot sculpture by Japanese artist Hajime Sorayama? Looks that way.
Some recaptioned the photo, meme-style, with one Twitter user writing, “Mom said it’s our turn on the Xbox.”
Of course, the photo couldn’t go untweaked. One person replaced Musk’s image with that of the animated character Annoying Orange, while another gave them both citrus heads.
West and Musk have been friends of some sort for years. In 2015, Musk wrote about West for Time Magazine’s TIME 100 issue highlighting 100 influential people. And West has publicly thanked Musk for making the Tesla he drives.
As of this writing, West’s tweet had gotten more than 460,000 likes and more than 87,000 retweets.
- Pandemic thriller Utopia on Amazon might be the perfect viewing
- 2021 Jaguar F-Pace refreshed with new styling, luxury and tech
- 2020 Halloween full moon: This year’s spooky spectacle brings a rare twist
- The best minimalist wallet for 2020
- NASA chief calls for prioritizing Venus after surprise find hints at alien life
- YouTube is adding a new Shorts feature to rival TikTok and Instagram Reels
- Paul Rudd, world’s youngest 51-year-old, tells fellow kids to mask up
- Jonathan Majors to join MCU as villain Kang the Conquerer, report says
- TikTok ban won’t prevent employees from being paid, US says in filing