Aliens didn’t build Egypt’s pyramids, and the country is happy to prove that fact to SpaceX and Tesla CEO Elon Musk. Over the weekend, the country’s minister of international cooperation responded to a Musk tweet by offering him a trip to investigate the real history of the enormous structures.
On Friday, Musk tweeted “Aliens built the pyramids obv,” and whether he was serious or not, his tweet was so far liked more than 538,000 times and retweeted more than 85,000 times.
On Saturday, Rania A. Al Mashat, Egypt’s minister of international cooperation, invited Musk to come to her country and explore the pyramids’ history, including the tombs of the non-alien humans who built them.
“I follow your work with a lot of admiration,” she tweeted. “I invite you and SpaceX to explore the writings about how the pyramids were built and also to check out the tombs of the pyramid builders. Mr. Musk, we are waiting for you.”
While Musk hasn’t said if he’ll accept the offer, he did dig into some online sources explaining the real history of the ancient structures.
“The Great Pyramid was the tallest structure made by humans for 3,800 years,” Musk tweeted on Saturday — note the “by humans” part. “Three thousand, eight hundred years.” He followed up with a link to a BBC article that discusses how most archaeologists agree the Great Pyramid was built by 4,000 laborers supported by 16,000 to 20,000 secondary workers, who worked for 20 years or more.
Musk may not be thinking much about the pyramids on Sunday. His tweets have switched focus to the.
Tesla Cybertruck is like nothing else, and it’ll be built in Austin
- Pandemic thriller Utopia on Amazon might be the perfect viewing
- 2021 Jaguar F-Pace refreshed with new styling, luxury and tech
- 2020 Halloween full moon: This year’s spooky spectacle brings a rare twist
- The best minimalist wallet for 2020
- NASA chief calls for prioritizing Venus after surprise find hints at alien life
- YouTube is adding a new Shorts feature to rival TikTok and Instagram Reels
- Paul Rudd, world’s youngest 51-year-old, tells fellow kids to mask up
- Jonathan Majors to join MCU as villain Kang the Conquerer, report says
- TikTok ban won’t prevent employees from being paid, US says in filing