As a guy, I find it hard to get too excited about a hair dryer. But even so, I understand the appeal. There’s no universe in which the Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer — usually priced at $400 — would be considered inexpensive, but it may well represent the pinnacle of hair dryer technology. It’s built around a custom brushless motor that’s light and quiet, though it generates very strong airflow through the signature Dyson hollow tube that passes for the hair dryer’s head. And users rave about it, with a rating of 4.4 stars from 1,144 reviewers on Amazon. Now through Feb. 15, you can get the Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer for $320 at Best Buy. That’s $80 off — a good deal, but still hardly an impulse buy.
To get this deal, you need to be a Best Buy member and signed into your Best Buy account. Thankfully, the basic account is free, and you can sign up for a Best Buy membership in just a couple of minutes.
If you have a Dyson vacuum, you’re probably already a fan (oops, sorry for the pun) of the company’s unique air-movement technology. And a hair dryer is actually a pretty great application for this tech, since it silences what’s arguably the loudest, most annoying appliance in your entire house.
The Supersonic has an number of other flourishes as well — all the nozzle attachments snap on magnetically, an elegant solution since you probably swap nozzles frequently. And you can stop worrying about the heat of the dryer damaging your hair, since the Supersonic has sensors that constantly monitor the exit temperature and adjust it to keep your hair safe.
This story was originally posted earlier.
CNET’s Cheapskate scours the web for great deals on tech products and much more. For the latest deals and updates, follow the Cheapskate on Facebook and Twitter. Questions about the Cheapskate blog? Find the answers on our , and find more great buys on the CNET Deals page.
- [LLODO] Maryland Gov. Hogan calls for investigation into Baltimore HS failing students, others call for shutdown
- [LLODO] Air Force veteran, Persian Gulf War POW Dale Storr speaks out on 30th anniversary of release
- [LLODO] How much do Baltimore taxpayers spend per student?
- [LLODO] Idaho parents and kids burn masks in front of state Capitol
- [LLODO] National Guard member takes photo with every US Senator: ‘I couldn’t believe it’
- [LLODO] Cuomo’s inner circle: What to know about embattled NY governor’s senior administration
- [LLODO] New former Cuomo aides accused Dem of sexual misconduct, reportedly inviting one to ‘dimly lit hotel room’
- [LLODO] Cuomo staffers ‘fearful to speak’ because of Dem’s ‘rage & vindictiveness,’ WaPo reporter claims