Twitch streamer Herschel “Guy” Beahm IV, known as Dr DisRespect, has been banned from the game streaming platform, Twitch said Friday. The ban is reportedly permanent, according to CNET sister site Gamespot, but the reason for the suspension is not yet known.
“As is our process, we take appropriate action when we have evidence that a streamer has acted in violation of our community guidelines or terms of service,” Twitch’s official statement says. “These apply to all streamers regardless of status or prominence in the community.”
One streamer, Shannon Plante, said she knows the reason he’s been banned, and “not only from Twitch,” claiming it’s “serious.” Her tweet has since been deleted.
Twitch declined to comment on the length of the ban. Dr DisRespect couldn’t be reached, and has turned off Twitter DMs. Nothing comes up when you search for his Twitch account.
Dr DisRespect was previously. While livestreaming to tens of thousands of viewers from the gaming convention, he entered numerous public bathrooms without consent of those inside, including one minor. The privacy breach got him kicked out of E3 and he was banned from Twitch for two weeks.
Earlier this week, Twitch also said it would begin issuing permanent bans following a wave of accusations of sexual abuse against popular Twitch streamers over the weekend. Twitch removed the accounts of streamers including IamSp00n, BlessRNG and DreadedCone.
- Pandemic thriller Utopia on Amazon might be the perfect viewing
- 2021 Jaguar F-Pace refreshed with new styling, luxury and tech
- 2020 Halloween full moon: This year’s spooky spectacle brings a rare twist
- The best minimalist wallet for 2020
- NASA chief calls for prioritizing Venus after surprise find hints at alien life
- YouTube is adding a new Shorts feature to rival TikTok and Instagram Reels
- Paul Rudd, world’s youngest 51-year-old, tells fellow kids to mask up
- Jonathan Majors to join MCU as villain Kang the Conquerer, report says
- TikTok ban won’t prevent employees from being paid, US says in filing