Don Speicher, 83, of Leola, passed away peacefully on Saturday, July 27, 2019.
Don was born in Gray, PA to Robert W. and Helen G. Stull Speicher. He was a Korean War Air Force veteran, graduate of Penn State, and Owner/CEO of Ross Technology, a steel fabrication company located in Leola, PA.
Besides being passionate about his business and the people that worked for him, he was also the Owner/Captain of several Spike’s Boats that fished out of Ocean City, MD, alongside the most important love of his life, his wife, Carole.
In addition to his wife, employees, fishing buddies, and friends, he will be lovingly missed by his stepdaughter and son-in-law, Karen and Michael Sandoval of Milwaukee, WI, his stepson and daughter-in-law, Scott and Lynn Espensen of Lancaster, PA, his grandchildren and their spouses: Jeremy Frey (Theresa), Nicole Frey Oblamski (Nick), Daniel Espensen (Sarah), Juliana Espensen, and great-grandchildren: Quinn and Gavin Oblamski.
Funeral Services: Friday, Aug. 2, 2019 at 7:30 p.m. at Furman Home for Funerals, 59 W. Main St., Leola, PA with viewing from 6-7:30 p.m. and further services, Saturday, Aug. 3, 2019 at 1:00 p.m. at the Mt. Laurel UCC, 1209 Keysertown Rd., Gray, PA with viewing from noon – 1 p.m. Interment: Beam Cemetery, Gray (Boswell), PA.
In lieu of flowers, please make memorial donations to St. Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital, 501 St. Jude Place, Memphis, TN 38105. Furman-Leola
- Pandemic thriller Utopia on Amazon might be the perfect viewing
- 2021 Jaguar F-Pace refreshed with new styling, luxury and tech
- 2020 Halloween full moon: This year’s spooky spectacle brings a rare twist
- The best minimalist wallet for 2020
- NASA chief calls for prioritizing Venus after surprise find hints at alien life
- YouTube is adding a new Shorts feature to rival TikTok and Instagram Reels
- Paul Rudd, world’s youngest 51-year-old, tells fellow kids to mask up
- Jonathan Majors to join MCU as villain Kang the Conquerer, report says
- TikTok ban won’t prevent employees from being paid, US says in filing