When new products arrive, older ones get discounted. Case in point:a couple of weeks back, and now the previous-gen model is on sale. For a limited time, and while supplies last, Amazon has the . That’s not the lowest price on record, but it’s still a $20 savings.
Anyone who has video aspirations (TikTok, moviemaking or other) would welcome a tool like this. The Osmo Mobile 3 is a folding, travel-friendly smartphone stabilizer designed to help you capture rock-steady footage. (See the similarin the video below if you’re not clear on the concept.) You’ll want to read Josh Goldman’s to learn more: He loved all aspects of the design, from the compact (when folded) frame to the weight to the 15-hour battery life.
As you’ll see there, the gimbal originally sold for $119 on its own. As for the newer DJI OM4 (the “Osmo Mobile” branding is gone), which relies on a magnetic mount rather than a clamp, it’s $149.
The DJI Osmo Mobile 3 has glowing reviews pretty much everywhere. Just one caveat: Given that I’ve seen it priced a bit less before, and that there’s now officially a newer version available, and that the holidays are coming, it’s a good bet even better deals are imminent. So it might behoove you to wait.
Originally published earlier this year. Updated to reflect new sale price and availability. Removed expired bonus deal.
DJI Osmo Mobile 3 is a smaller, lighter phone camera stabilizer
CNET’s Cheapskate scours the web for great deals on tech products and much more. For the latest deals and updates, follow the Cheapskate on Facebook and Twitter. Find more great buys on the CNET Deals page and check out our CNET Coupons page for the latest promo codes from Best Buy, Walmart, Amazon and more. Questions about the Cheapskate blog? Find the answers on our .
- Pandemic thriller Utopia on Amazon might be the perfect viewing
- 2021 Jaguar F-Pace refreshed with new styling, luxury and tech
- 2020 Halloween full moon: This year’s spooky spectacle brings a rare twist
- The best minimalist wallet for 2020
- NASA chief calls for prioritizing Venus after surprise find hints at alien life
- YouTube is adding a new Shorts feature to rival TikTok and Instagram Reels
- Paul Rudd, world’s youngest 51-year-old, tells fellow kids to mask up
- Jonathan Majors to join MCU as villain Kang the Conquerer, report says
- TikTok ban won’t prevent employees from being paid, US says in filing