Disney has again delayed the release of, with the live-action movie now hitting theaters Aug. 21. Mulan was meant to come out in March, but was due to the spread of . across the US from July, including AMC, Cinemark and Regal, but Disney said Friday it’s chosen to delay Mulan until the month after.
“While the pandemic has changed our release plans for Mulan and we will continue to be flexible as conditions require, it has not changed our belief in the power of this film and its message of hope and perseverance,” said Alan Horn, co-chairman and chief creative officer, and Alan Bergman, co-chairman of Walt Disney Studios.
Directed by Niki Caro and starring Yifei Liu aswho got to see it prior to theaters shutting down due to the pandemic.
“Caro and our cast and crew have created a beautiful, epic and moving film that is everything the cinematic experience should be, and that’s where we believe it belongs — on the world stage and the big screen,” Horn and Bergman added Friday.
Disney was also forced to delay the launch ofuntil later this year and to 2021. It for its debut.
New movie calendar for 2020 and 2021 following coronavirus delays
- Pandemic thriller Utopia on Amazon might be the perfect viewing
- 2021 Jaguar F-Pace refreshed with new styling, luxury and tech
- 2020 Halloween full moon: This year’s spooky spectacle brings a rare twist
- The best minimalist wallet for 2020
- NASA chief calls for prioritizing Venus after surprise find hints at alien life
- YouTube is adding a new Shorts feature to rival TikTok and Instagram Reels
- Paul Rudd, world’s youngest 51-year-old, tells fellow kids to mask up
- Jonathan Majors to join MCU as villain Kang the Conquerer, report says
- TikTok ban won’t prevent employees from being paid, US says in filing