I’m not a fan of cheap $40 for the black version. They’ve hit that price a few times, but it’s as low as we’ve seen them.headphones. I struggled a bit to put together a list of because there are so few that I’d recommend buying. But Anker’s Soundcore Life Q20 Hybrid Active Noise Cancelling Headphones are an exception. They’re quite decent for their regular list price of $60. Now they’re on sale again on Amazon for
No, the Life Q20 doesn’t sound as good as premium models such as the, but it sounds pretty good, which is all you can ask for at this price. It’s fairly well balanced with a reasonable amount of clarity and plump bass that’s not bloated or muddy (there’s a bass boost or BassUp mode if you want an extra helping of bass). It’s also comfortable to wear, the noise-canceling is acceptably effective, it’s solid as a headset for making calls and battery life is good at 40 hours.
Most importantly, it’s simply better than most of the cheap noise-canceling headphones I’ve tried, some of which are OK but tend to have some shortcomings, usually in the sound quality department. I include brands such as TaoTronics, Cowin and Mpow in this group.
Again, don’t expect the Anker to be as good as higher-end models — the build quality isn’t in the same league as premium headphones — but if you’re looking for a cheap noise-canceling headphone, this is definitely a good bargain at $40.
This article was originally published last week.
- Pandemic thriller Utopia on Amazon might be the perfect viewing
- 2021 Jaguar F-Pace refreshed with new styling, luxury and tech
- 2020 Halloween full moon: This year’s spooky spectacle brings a rare twist
- The best minimalist wallet for 2020
- NASA chief calls for prioritizing Venus after surprise find hints at alien life
- YouTube is adding a new Shorts feature to rival TikTok and Instagram Reels
- Paul Rudd, world’s youngest 51-year-old, tells fellow kids to mask up
- Jonathan Majors to join MCU as villain Kang the Conquerer, report says
- TikTok ban won’t prevent employees from being paid, US says in filing