As the Console Wars to bring us back to the ’90s, when Nintendo and Sega battled for dominance. The documentary, which got a trailer Friday, comes out Wednesday, Sept. 23, and will be exclusive to CBS All-Access in the US.and loom, it’s an ideal moment for
It’s directed by Jonah Tulis and Blake J. Harris (who wrote theof the same name), and includes interviews with Nintendo legend Howard Phillps, former Sega of America CEO Tom Kalinske and many others who lived through the era of SNES and Genesis.
“It was a once-in-a-lifetime, no-holds-barred conflict that pit brother against brother, kids against grownups, Sonic against Mario, and uniquely American capitalism against centuries-old Japanese tradition,” says a press release for the film.
(Disclosure: CNET is owned by ViacomCBS.)
- Pandemic thriller Utopia on Amazon might be the perfect viewing
- 2021 Jaguar F-Pace refreshed with new styling, luxury and tech
- 2020 Halloween full moon: This year’s spooky spectacle brings a rare twist
- The best minimalist wallet for 2020
- NASA chief calls for prioritizing Venus after surprise find hints at alien life
- YouTube is adding a new Shorts feature to rival TikTok and Instagram Reels
- Paul Rudd, world’s youngest 51-year-old, tells fellow kids to mask up
- Jonathan Majors to join MCU as villain Kang the Conquerer, report says
- TikTok ban won’t prevent employees from being paid, US says in filing