If you weren’t allowed to sit at work, would you get more done? Christopher Nolan believes chairs encourage an unproductive movie set, according to actor Anne Hathaway, who worked with Nolan on 2012 Batman movie The Dark Knight Rises.movie director
“Chris also doesn’t allow chairs … and his reasoning is, if you have chairs, people will sit, and if they’re sitting, they’re not working,” Hathaway told Variety on Monday. “He has these incredible movies in terms of scope and ambition and technical prowess and emotion. It always arrives at the end under schedule and under budget. I think he’s onto something with the chair thing.”
On Tuesday, a representative for Nolan issued a statement explaining the filmmaker’s thoughts about chairs on set.
“For the record, the only things banned from [Nolan’s] sets are cell phones (not always successfully) and smoking (very successfully),” Nolan’s spokesperson told Indiewire. “The chairs Anne was referring to are the directors’ chairs clustered around the video monitor, allocated on the basis of hierarchy not physical need. Chris chooses not to use his but has never banned chairs from the set. Cast and crew can sit wherever and whenever they need, and frequently do.”
By the time Nolan issued his statement, however, fans had already taken to Twitter with their own hilarious reactions to the anti-sitting idea.
Other fans suggested musical chairs and restaurant seating could trigger Nolan into pure shock.
Here are a few more chair jokes worthy of a standing ovation.
Evenis in on the gag.
Another fan points out images of actor Robert Pattinson sitting own on location during the filming of Nolan’s upcoming movie, .
Nolan has yet to publicly saying anything about his unusual no-chair rule, but it must be working in his favorite considering all the nominations and awards he’s earned for his previous films.
Fans will have to wait to see how much his characters sit in his.
New movie calendar for 2020 and 2021 following coronavirus delays
- Pandemic thriller Utopia on Amazon might be the perfect viewing
- 2021 Jaguar F-Pace refreshed with new styling, luxury and tech
- 2020 Halloween full moon: This year’s spooky spectacle brings a rare twist
- The best minimalist wallet for 2020
- NASA chief calls for prioritizing Venus after surprise find hints at alien life
- YouTube is adding a new Shorts feature to rival TikTok and Instagram Reels
- Paul Rudd, world’s youngest 51-year-old, tells fellow kids to mask up
- Jonathan Majors to join MCU as villain Kang the Conquerer, report says
- TikTok ban won’t prevent employees from being paid, US says in filing